- What type of information we collect
- Legal basis for processing
- How we use and with whom we share the information
- User rights
- For how long we retain the information
- How we safeguard the information
- How to contact us
What Information we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users who access our Site.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your access to the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. browser type, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Such information includes:
- Contact information: the Site provides you with the option to fill in contact information. If you choose to contact us through our Site or by any other means, you will be asked to provide us with your name, email address and phone number.
- Registration information: If you wish to use our services, you will be asked to provide us certain details such as your full name and email address.
We may also use trusted third party providers to enrich and authenticate such information.
- Device Information: We may also collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
If we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
Legal basis for processing
Processing of Personal Information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations.
How is the information used? With whom do we share the information?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – If you have contacted us, for any reason, we will use your information in order to further communicate with you.
- Verifying and authenticating the registration information provided by you.
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
- Inform you of additional products, services or promotions (unless you have opted out of receiving such communications).
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Providing you with our service, including providing a personalized display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
In any case we will conclude that disclosure of Personal Information is necessary, we will only disclose that portion of the Personal Information that is required in order to satisfy the basis for disclosure. We will share the Personal Information under appropriate safeguards.
You may request to: (1) Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with supplementary information; (2) Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; (3) Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control; (4) Request erasure of your Personal Information; (5) Object to the processing of Personal Information by us; (6) Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
If you feel that your Personal Information was not handled properly, you may lodge a complaint with the applicable regulator.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Third party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
The Site is intended to the use of individuals over the age of 18. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If have any reason to believe that a child under 18 has shared any information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com.